‘Prosecute three Chinese intruders’
Leh, July 21: Security agencies have recommended to the Union Home Ministry prosecution of three Chinese intruders on the grounds that they had prior knowledge about Indian defence posts and routes taken by troops during patrolling in the higher reaches of Ladakh. The trio were questioned at a stretch by interrogators and there were contradictions in their statements about the route taken by them to enter into India, sources said here.
The trio---Salamo, Abdul Khaliq and Adil Thorsong -- were detained on June 12 near Sultanchku in north of Ladakh and were kept separately at Margo post in the area.
Their questioning led the interrogators to the conclusion that the three were lying about the route taken by them to enter India, the sources said. According to interrogators from security agencies, the trio had knowledge about Indian posts and routes taken by the patrols to higher reaches along the Sino-India border but feigned ignorance about any Chinese camps across the Line of Actual Control (LAC), they said. While recommending prosecution of the three to the Union Home Ministry, the interrogation report said that the trio, who speak only in Yarkandi and Uyghur languages, could not give any basic details about Kargalilik of Xianjang province in which they claimed to have been living.
The small political maps seized from the three were torn from local school books, the sources said.
The agencies have expressed apprehension that the three could have been headed towards Pakistan-administered Kashmir which is barely 20 kms up north of the area where they were nabbed.
The area where they were detained was in news as Indian and Chinese troops had a face-off for nearly 21 days from April 15 to May five, this year.
Their claim that they entered India as they were mesmerised by Bollywood superstars Shahrukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan was seen as their diversionary tactics. The three, of whom one person is one-eyed, had also said earlier that they wanted to enter India to earn money as they were facing acute poverty in their region, the sources said.
Lastupdate on : Sun, 21 Jul 2013 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sun, 21 Jul 2013 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Mon, 22 Jul 2013 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- Will Gool probe be different from 54 ordered since 2009?
- Tarigami laments impunity to guilty force personnel for killing innocents
- Maan demands referendum in JK, condemns Gool killings
- Dr Jalal flown to AIIMS for treatment
- Protest against mischief outside masjid in Ganderbal
- ‘Prosecute three Chinese intruders’
- House Committee reviews state properties
- Pulwama man ekes out livelihood by selling teargas shells
- 2 injured in Budgam clashes
- Award capital punishment to Tabinda’s killers: JFTGF
- HCBA castigates govt on Gool killings
Inquiry would be taken to logical conclusion: Govt
Srinagar, July 21: With Kashmir once again on the edge following the killing of four unarmed protestors at Gool in Ramban district, the inquiry ordered by the government is once again under question. Will More
- Srinagar City
After Shaher-e-Khaas, nauseating smell invades Lal Bazar; Srinagarites pestered; Admin sleeps
GK CITY CORRESPONDENT
Srinagar, July 21: Despite repeated public appeals to the government top brass –seeking end to the foul smell emanating from Achan dumping yard –the stench has been furthering with each passing day –even More
Jammu, July 21: The youth wing of BJP today demanded a probe by a sitting High Court judge into the firing incident in Ramban district that left four persons dead on July 18. "We demand stern action More