AAC holds medical, blood donation camp
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, May 17: As part of its Hafta Shouda (Martyrs Week), the Awami Action Committee (AAC) on Friday organized a blood donation and free medical camp in the premises of historic Jamia Masjid is Shaher-e-Khaas here.
During the blood donation camp, a large number of people and Hurriyat (M) leaders including its Media Advisor Advocate Shahid-ul-Islam donated blood. More than 50 points of blood were donated on the occasion.
In the medical camp, doctors from SKIMS Soura, SMHS, Rainwari hospitals examined hundreds of people. They were provided with free medicine worth lakhs of rupees.
Later, the Jamia Market Association (JMA) organized a seminar to pay tributes to Moulana Muhammad Farooq. Hurriyat (M) Chairman Mirwaiz Umar Farooq was chief guest of the function.
Mirwaiz urged the people to make the Eidgah chalo call for May 21 a success. “Hurriyat would not withdraw from its stand. The movement has been successfully shifted to the new generation. The martyrdom of Afzal Guru has reinvigorated the struggle and on May 21 a demand would be put forward to return the mortal remains of Shaheed Afzal Guru and Shaheed Muhammad Maqbool Bhat,” Mirwaiz. He announced that May 21 would be observed as Youm-E-Tajdeeded-Ahad Among other who spoke on the occasion included JMA president Javaid Zargar, senior AAC leaders, Advocate NA Ronga, Muhammad Shafi Khan also spoke on the occasion.
Lastupdate on : Fri, 17 May 2013 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Fri, 17 May 2013 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sat, 18 May 2013 00:00:00 IST
- MORE FROM KASHMIR
- AAC holds medical, blood donation camp
- Geelani writes to Nawaz Sharif
- 80% of Dal,Nigeen has quality water: NEERI
- Yasin Malik leaves for Chennai
- Appear in person: Court directs ADC
- Kashmir’s beauty mesmerizes Imtiaz Ali
- Govt committed to protect forests: Mian Altaf
- 2 irrigation projects approved for Tangmarg area: Mir
- Leaders’ disunity offends us most: Javid Mir
- Restore autonomy to rectify follies committed by Jinnah, Nehru: Kamaal
- Patwaris reject Govt offer,strike on
- Call off stalemate:Minister
- 4 killed in mishaps
- DIG North distributes cheques among families of slain cops
- Arrangements for Urs at Muqam-e-Shahwali finalized
- K-issue basic dispute between India, Pak: Zaffar
GK NEWS NETWORK
Srinagar, May 17: As part of its Hafta Shouda (Martyrs Week), the Awami Action Committee (AAC) on Friday organized a blood donation and free medical camp in the premises of historic Jamia Masjid is Shaher More
- Srinagar City
Men-in-blue rope in Ulema for preaching; Mufti Nazir says
encroachments forbidden; Addresses transporters at Batamaloo yard
GK CITY CORRESPONDENT
Srinagar, May 17: In a bid to sensitize people of this Muslim dominated society, towards adherence to traffic regulation norms through religious preaching, the Traffic Police on Friday banked on prominent More
Introduces MIS To Monitor Schemes Under SPA
Jammu, May 17: Taking strong note of the financial mess created by Jammu and Kashmir, Planning Commission of India has introduced Management Information System (MIS) from this financial year to track all More