TV forums smell rat in Kashmir Channel working

Say non-locals get lion’s share, locals ignored

Srinagar, Sep 7: The JK Film Makers and Artists Cooperative Ltd and Television Professionals United Forum on Friday said that Kashir channel has lost its purpose.  
 In a joint statement the two associations said: “Kashir Channel of Doordarshan, launched with lot of fanfare nearly 13 years ago with the aim of boosting the local culture, has lost its purpose.”
 “While inaugurating the channel the then I&B Minister and the Prasar Bharti authorities made tall claims about the purpose of the channel and stressed for the need for establishing of broadcast quality production houses in the state. Thus, encouraged, dozens of professionals invested in establishment of production houses in the state. Besides nearly 2000 people opted for this profession in one or the other capacity,” the statement said.
 “Big promises were made about providing budget to the channel and announcements made about earmarking hundreds of crores of rupees to it, but all false. Rs 200 crore were announced for the channel as part of the Prime Minister’s package in 2005, but practically not a single penny was provided,” the group alleged.
 “Although Kashir Channel is being run by from New Delhi, it is an irony that they can’t differentiate between DDK Srinagar and Kashir channel. Anything wrong at DDK Srinagar is being considered wrong at Kashir channel, although the Srinagar Kendra is entire different from the Satellite Kashir channel in respect of administration, budget allocations etc.”
 “As per guidelines JK based producers were supposed to get 75% of the budget and non J&K based producers 25 percent. But on record producers from outside J&K got lion’s share and J&K based producers were left with peanuts. In North East, the local producers get 95 percent of the total budget while as in Kashir Channel non locals get 95% leaving J&K producers with just 5 % of the total budget,” the statement said.
 “Since the inception of the Channel a single Delhi base production house has got 40% of the total budget allotted to the channel,” they added.
 “The fresh commissioning of programmes for the channel was expected this year. But it is learnt that the present Prasar Bharti authorities have refused to take any budget for commissioning of the programmes from the Government of India. The incumbent DG Doordarshan appears to be hostile towards Kashir and Urdu Channels, thus closing all doors for revival of these channels representing minority community of the country.”

Lastupdate on : Sat, 7 Sep 2013 21:30:00 Makkah time
Lastupdate on : Sat, 7 Sep 2013 18:30:00 GMT
Lastupdate on : Sun, 8 Sep 2013 00:00:00 IST




  • del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Digg
  • TwitThis
  • Mixx
  • Technorati
  • Facebook
  • NewsVine
  • Reddit
  • Google
  • LinkedIn
  • YahooMyWeb
  • Print News

Enter the Security code exactly as you see it in the image security code is CaSe SeNsItIvE(Cookies must be enabled)
  • MORE FROM KASHMIR

  • Kashmir

Illegal Occupation Of State Land: High Court seeks details

Govt asked to present detailed list of occupants by September 30

D A RASHID

Srinagar, Sep 7: Jammu and Kashmir High Court has asked government to disclose within four weeks the names of those who have illegally occupied state land. A division bench of the court comprising More



  • Srinagar City

MUSICAL EVENING IN CITY WITH 91,110 STRAY DOGS

Admin on tips to keep canines away from VIP roads, Shalimar Bagh

M HYDERI

Srinagar, Sep 7: Apart from other concerns surrounding the Zubin Mehta concert held Saturday evening at Shalimar Bagh, something beyond the 3-tier security arrangements gave “sleepless” nights to the authorities More




  • Jammu

JK flunks on gender gap in literacy

Against 12.71% in 1961, gap widened to 20.25% in 2011

WORLD LITERACY DAY

ARVIND SHARMA

Jammu, Sept 7: Although the overall literacy rate in Jammu and Kashmir has increased during the past five decades, the gender gap in literacy has widened over these years except for the year 2011, which More



  • News

6 killed in Muzaffarnagar violence

PRESS TRUST OF INDIA

Muzaffarnagar, Sep 7: At least six persons, including a TV journalist, were killed and 34 injured today in fresh clashes between members of two communities in Muzaffarnagar, where indefinite curfew was More



ADD
Designed Developed and Maintaned By Imobisoft Ltd /Algosol Software Solutions