Allochibagh youth’s death case

Court issues show case notice to district magistrate

Srinagar, Publish Date: Jul 17 2018 12:44AM | Updated Date: Jul 17 2018 12:44AM
Allochibagh youth’s death case

A local court here on Monday issued show cause notice to district magistrate Srinagar, asking him to explain as to why action under law should not be initiated against him, for failing to produce case diary related to the death of a youth in Allochibagh here last year. 

The court of forest magistrate, Muhammad Rafiq Chak issued the show cause notice after advocate Marouf Khan on behalf of the petitioner submitted that the case diary has not been produced before the court. 

 On 19 June 2018, the court had directed the district magistrate Srinagar to produce case diary with regard to the death Muhammad Yaseen Sheikh who drowned after he was allegedly chased by cops last year.

The court was hearing the application filed by the family of deceased, seeking registration of FIR against accused persons.

The victim family is seeking directions to police for registration of FIR against Mudasir, Adil and Zahid, special police officers posted in police station Shergari.

The police had initiated investigation into the death of Sheikh under section 174 CrPc (accidental/ mysterious death). However, the victim’s family alleged that “Sheikh was chased to death by the accused persons and pleads for registration of murder case against them.”

“The court had earlier directed police to produce case diary before it on 18 June. However, today the prosecution told the court that the police had submitted case diary before district magistrate Srinagar. The district magistrate has failed to produce it before the court on two consecutive hearings,” advocate Marouf told Greater Kashmir.

He added that now the court of forest magistrate Srinagar Muhammad Rafiq Chak has directed the district magistrate Srinagar to produce case diary before it by or before 31 July 2018. “He (district magistrate) has also been directed to show cause as why action under law should not be initiated against him after he failed to comply with court directions.”  

Advocate Marouf Khan submitted before the court that Sheikh “was murdered by the accused before witnesses after he resisted the act of cops to take away his money and memory chip on 24 June last year.


This site uses cookies to deliver our services and to show you relevant news and ads. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service.That's Fine