2 children die as leaked LPG cylinder catches fire
Representational Image File/ GK

2 children die as leaked LPG cylinder catches fire

Mother-son duo injured

Ramban: Two children died while their mother and brother suffered serious burn injuries after an LPG cylinder leaked and caught fire in Maitra area of Ramban on Friday.

Police said four family members of a CRPF personnel Rajesh Singh Katoch of Gari village of Ramban, presently residing in a rented accommodation at Maitra suffered grievous burn injuries after an LPG cylinder leaked and caught fire.

On seeing smoke emitting out of the house, locals rushed to the spot and found three children and their mother in injured condition.

They were rushed to District Hospital Ramban where after providing medical aid to all of them, they were shifted to Government Medical College and Hospital Jammu for specialised treatment.

Police identified the injured as Satya Devi, 25, and her three children Sahil Katoch, 5, Sourabh Katoch and Gourav Katoch, both 3-years-old twins.

Police said Gourav succumbed to his injuries in an ambulance near Udhampur whereas Sahil succumbed to his injuries during treatment at Government Medical College and Hospital Jammu while their mother Satya and Sourabh are undergoing treatment at GMC Jammu, SHO Police Station Ramban Pardeep Sharma said.

Fire tenders were summoned by the locals to extinguish the fire.

An official of the Fire and Emergency Department Ramban said that fire broke out in the kitchen due to leakage of LPG.

Locals said that the woman Satya entered the room to prepare breakfast for her children.

“She lit the gas which had leaked earlier, and the room caught fire and Satya and her three children sustained serious burn injuries,” they said.

No stories found.
Greater Kashmir
www.greaterkashmir.com