A meeting of Non-Teaching Employees Association of SKUAST-J and SKUAST-K was held at SKUAST-J Main Campus Jammu wherein it was unanimously resolved to constitute a Coordination Committee of both the Associations.
Accordingly, a Press Conference was organized by both the Non Teaching Presidents of SKUAST-Jammu & SKUAST Kashmir today to announce the Constitution of Coordination Committee for resolving the issues pertaining to Non Teaching Fraternity of both the Agricultural Universities. The Coordination Committee will hold its office on Darbar Move pattern. The President, NTEAJ, Jammu will be the Chairman when the Darbar will be in Jammu & accordingly President, NTEA, Kashmir will hold the office of Chairman during the Darbar in Kashmir. Both the Chairmen will announce a committee comprising of two members from each University. S.K.D.Singh, Sr.Vice-President, Zamir UI Haq, General Secretary, NTEA- SKUAST-J & Mohd Shafi Bhat, General Secretary, Muzzafar Ahmad Nazki, Secretary, NTEA, SKUAST-K are nominated as members of the Coordination Committee.
The Constituted Committee will take up the issues pertaining to Non Teaching Employees through the Joint Committee of the Universities.
List of Demands is as follows:
1. Enhancement of Retirement Age from 60 to 62 years of Non-Teaching Employees of both Farm Universities of Jammu & Kashmir.
2. Grant of Half DPL Service to Helpers in their Incentive Promotions according to Govt. SRO. No. 311 of J&K State. The helpers are creation of J&K Govt. and they are regularized after seven years and their half DPL services are counted in their incentive promotions but unfortunately SKUAST has not adopted the same SRO till date. It is requested to kindly adopt the same SRO of J&K State in both the Agricultural Universities.
3. Grant of Due Date W.E.F. 2005 of Two Tier Career Advancement Scheme of
Non Teaching Employees. The scheme in its preamble shows that the due date of the benefit under this scheme will be given to Non-Teaching Employees. Therefore, the same may be implemented in both the Universities.
4. Enhancement of Promotion Quota for ACTs/Accountant/ FCLAs/LSAs/Drivers & Class IV employees from 25% to 100%.
5. Grant of Reservation for the Wards of both the Agricultural Universities against the eligible posts.
6. Implementation of CAS in favour of Computer Assistants/Computer Programmers at par with State Govt. Employees
7. Introducing of Three Tier CAS in SKUAST-J & SKUAST-K for Non Teaching Employees after period of Six Years from Two Tier to Three Tier. Three Tier CAS be granted w.e.f.2015 after completion of Twenty Three (23) years service period.