Heating appliance claims another life in Baramulla

Another youth fell to poisonous fumes of a coal heater in Kitchama, Baramulla during the preceding night.
Heating appliance claims another life in Baramulla

Another youth fell to poisonous fumes of a coal heater in Kitchama, Baramulla during the preceding night.

According to reports, a 18-year-old boy identified as  Bilal Ahmad Sheikh of Kitchama, Barmulla and his sister , Tasleema were found unconscious  this morning. Both were rushed to hospital where Bilal was declared brought dead.  Tasleema's condition is critical in SKIMS.

According to reports, the family members got anxious when the brother, sister duo failed to report for morning tea. The family members rushed to the room and found the duo unconscious.  

Reports said the duo had inhaled poisonous fumes emanating from the coal heater in the room. 

 Police said that initial reports suggest that duo was found in an unconscious condition today morning, apparently due to carbon monoxide gas that emanated from a heating appliance.

"We have started investigation; initial reports suggest that boy has died due to inhaling carbon monoxide. However, a thorough probe will be initiated in the incident" said SHO Sheeri, Tabraiz Khan. 

The incident left the entire village in a state of shock.  Thousands of people from adjoining villages called on the bereaved family.

The incident is third of its kind since last one week. Earlier, a couple from Orissa died due to asphyxiation at Bandipora in north Kashmir. The couple had recently arrived here to participate in the B.Ed Examination. 

While in another incident, a teen identified as Umar Nazir of Mangloora Tangmarg died due to  asphyxiation.

No stories found.
Greater Kashmir
www.greaterkashmir.com