A man died while three members of his family were rescued in an unconscious state from their home in south Kashmir's Shopian district, police said today.
A police team rushed to Kathohallan village after receiving information that four members of a family were lying unconscious in their home.
A police team walked around one kilometer on foot after clearing the snow to reach the spot.
"On reaching the spot, Mushtaq Ahmad Lone, son of Abdul Ahad Lone was found dead in his home and his wife Kousar Jan and two daughters Irtiqa Jan and Rutba Jan were found in an unconscious state," said a spokesman.
"The family was shifted immediately to Sub District Hospital Keller for treatment. After treatment the family was shifted to their home back."
The incident had happened because of suffocation caused by a charcoal stove, he said.