The commanders of the Pakistan and Indian armies held talks on Monday night after Indian army claimed that the bodies of two Indian soldiers were mutilated by Pak army, a media report said today.
Pakistan has denied the charge.
"Local commanders of the Pakistan and Indian armies made hotline contact on Monday night in the Rawalakot-Poonch sector along the Line of Control (LoC)," reported Dawn News.
Quoting from a statement issued by the media affairs wing of Pakistan army, the Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), the report said that the Pakistani local commander told his Indian counterpart that there had been no ceasefire violation or crossing of the LoC by Pakistani troops from the Pakistan side of the border nor mutilation of the bodies of Indian soldiers.
"Indian authorities were (also) told that there is unnecessary media hype following the allegations, and that Pakistan remains fully committed to maintain peace and tranquillity along the LoC and expects the same from the [India] side," the ISPR statement added.
The report said that the Pakistani commander hoped that "prudence would be exercised across the divide and no steps taken that may affect peace along the LoC and lead to vitiating of the environment."