At least five residential houses were damaged in a fire incident in Soibugh village of central Kashmir's Budgam district on Friday morning
Locals said that the fire broke out due to short circuit in the two-storey house of Abdul Rashid at Bunpora Payeen and soon engulfed nearby houses.
"Three residential houses were completely gutted while as two were partially damaged in this fire incident. It was only after the toil of Fire and Emergency services, locals and army men that the fire was doused," said Nazir Ahmad, a local.
Despite being the second largest village comprising over 3000 households, he said, Soibug lacks the facility of Fire and Emergency Service Station.