Youth electrocuted, another injured in Bandipora

Youth electrocuted, another injured in Bandipora

A 22-year-old youth was electrocuted while another suffered grievous injuries in this north Kashmir district on Tuesday.

An official said the youth were installing iron shuttering of a shopping complex at the main market in the district when the rod came in contact with an overhead high-tension live wire.

The official said both the youth, identified as Irfan Ahmad Hajam of Kaloosa and Aqib Ahmad Ahangar, were injured.

They were shifted to the District Hospital where Hajam succumbed to the injuries while Ahangar was referred to Srinagar's SMHS hospital for advanced treatment.

Hajam's body was handed over to his family for last rites, after completion of medico-legal formalities, the official said.

No stories found.
Greater Kashmir