25-yr-old man electrocuted to death in central Kashmir's Budgam

He was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared him dead on arrival, sources said.
Representational Photo
Representational Photo File

Srinagar, Dec 22: A 25-year-old youth was electrocuted to death while trying to repair an electrical wire at Haran area of central Kashmir's Budgam district on Wednesday, official sources said.

Quoting the sources, news agency KDC reported that Rouf Ahmad War, son of Abdul Rahim, a resident of Haran was seriously injured after he came in contact with a live wire while repairing a power line.

He was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared him dead on arrival, sources said.

A police official confirmed the incident to KDC and said that investigation into the matter has been initiated.

Related Stories

No stories found.
Greater Kashmir
www.greaterkashmir.com