5 houses, 2 shops gutted in Sopore

Ghulam Muhammad
Photo: Ghulam Mohammad/ GK
Photo: Ghulam Mohammad/ GK

Five residential houses and two shops were completely damaged in a major fire accident at Chankhan, Sopore, in north Kashmir's Baramulla district last night. The fire was reportedly triggered due to electric short-circuit.

Reports said the fire broke out from the three-storeyresidential house of Khazir Muhammad Malla and spread to other houses.

The other houses damaged in the incident belonged to BashirAhmad Malla, Abdul Rashid Malla, Muhammad Maqbool Malla and Ghulam Nabi Malla.

Fire tenders with the help of locals doused the flames andprevented the fire from further spreading to other houses.

Related Stories

No stories found.
Greater Kashmir
www.greaterkashmir.com