Two residential houses and a cowshed were gutted in a fire incident in Surfraw area in Kangan area of central Kashmir's Ganderbal district on Thursday.
Reports said that fire broke out in the residential house of Abdul Rahman Khatana and soon spread to his adjacent old house and cowshed in Gujjar Pati Surfaw.
An official said the firefighters prevented the fire from spreading to nearby structures.
"No loss of life was reported in the incident. Short circuit is believed to have caused the fire," he said.