Kupwara, Jan 30: At least seven cattle were charred to death and a residential house damaged in separate fire mishaps in North Kashmir's Kupwara district.
GNS reported that a fire broke out in a cow shed, belonging to one Abdul Ahad Malla, at Hak'daji Shiekh Pora in Mawar Qalamabad on intervening Sunday and Monday night.
The fire incident resulted in charring to death of seven cattle, including two cows and 5 goats even as gutting the cow shed in entirety.
Station House Officer Qalamabad, Jan Mohammad confirming the incident said that the cause of fire is believed to be heating device (Bukhari).
"There was no injury or loss of human life in the incident”, the officer further said.
In a separate incident, a residential house was damaged in a fire mishap in Haihama in Kupwara district this morning.
As per reports, a residential house belonging to one Wali Mohammad Dar, son of Noor Mohammad Dar was damaged at Dar Mohammad Chalgund in Haihama.
The fire was contained by the locals as Fire and Emergency Department didn't reached the site on time.