Siblings electrocuted in Shopian, one dies

They were repairing wires on electric pole at Babapora, Zainapora.
File: GK Photo
File: GK Photo

Shopian, Aug 28: Two siblings were electrocuted in Babapora village of Zainapora Sub Division in South Kashmir's Shopian district and one of them succumbed while another is undergoing treatment at a hospital.

Quoting an official, news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO) reported that two brothers namely Mashooq Ahmad Hajam and his brother Irfan Ahmad Hajam were injured due to electric shock when they were repairing wires on electric pole at Babapora Zainapora.

He said  both were  evacuated to hospital for treatment where Mashooq Ahmad succumbed to his injuries while condition of Irfan is said to be stable

Meanwhile, police have taken cognizance of the incident. 

Related Stories

No stories found.
Greater Kashmir