Sopore couple dies of asphyxiation

Sopore couple dies of asphyxiation

A pall of gloom descended on Hardshiva-Zaingeer area of north Kashmir's Sopore on Friday after the bodies of a young couple, who died due to suffocation at Friends Colony, HMT in Srinagar reached there.

Reports said the couple was living at the Colony along withtheir two kids. "A gas heater was on in the room where the couple slept andnext day they didn't wake up till late in the morning. The elder son of thecouple who is seven year old received a call from some relative and he narratedthe incident to them," said a family member of the victims.

He said several relatives of the deceased rushed to the areaand took them to a nearby hospital, where doctors declared them brought dead.

The deceased were identified as Asif Nazir Bhat (38) son of Nazir Ahmad Bhat and Afrooza Begum. Asif was working as civil contractor in Srinagar and was living in HMT area for last couple of years, the relative said. Police have registered a case and started the investigation.

Related Stories

No stories found.
Greater Kashmir
www.greaterkashmir.com