A youth died of suspected drug overdose in Mendhar area ofPoonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, officials said on Thursday.
Javid Ahmad (aged between 18 and 19), son of Muhammad Arif,took some substance at his home in Chack Banola around 11:40 pm after which hiscondition deteriorated.
He said that Ahmad was rushed to sub-district hospitalMendhar but he died on way to the facility.
According to news agency GNS, the deceased was a student ofBA first year at Government degree college Mendhar.
Preliminary investigations suggest that Ahmad died due tooverdose of drugs, GNS quoted BMO Mendhar as having said.
SDPO Mendhar Neeraj Padyar also confirmed the incident andsaid that investigations have been taken up, added the report. (with additionalinputs from Javed Iqbal)