A young man was electrocuted while trying to repair some electrical appliances at his residence in Phagsoo village of Doda district on Thursday.
A police official said the deceased was a 25-year-old-youth and has been identified as Rajesh Kumar Bikey.
The official said deceased was trying to repair a heating appliance when the tragic incident took place.
“He fell unconscious following which family members rushed him to a Community Health Centre where doctors declared him brought dead,” said the SP Bhadarwah, Raj Singh Gouria. “After legal formalities, the body was handed over to the family for last rites.”