The High Court on Monday reserved its decision on a plea against 2016 KAS examination.
Division bench of Justice Ali Muhammad Magrey and Justice Tashi Rabstan reserved the orders after the parties concluded their arguments before the court.
While permitting the counsel for the parties to submit written submissions during the course of current week, if they intended to do so, the court directed the Public Service Commission to submit the relevant records in the case before its Bench Secretary.
The court observed that during the course of hearing, a need was felt to ask the PSC to submit a supplementary affidavit.
The supplementary affidavit, the court held, was filed by the Advocate General on July 3 which was taken on record on the same day.
The KAS mains examination was held from July 2 to August 8 last year.
As many as 6427 candidates had appeared in the examination and 963 of them qualified for personality test and viva-voice.
On May 3 this year, the Supreme Court had directed the J&KPSC not to declare the results of KAS examination 2016.
“What would require to be made clear is that if appointments are not permissible to be made, the declaration of the results would be a futile exercise and may give cause to unnecessary third-party rights which we must avoid,” division bench of Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi and Justice Deepak Gupta had said.
Accordingly, the bench had said, the result of the selection process should not be declared.
The SC had however made it clear that the High Court was free to decide the pending Public Interest Litigation and all connected cases both on maintainability and merits
The SC bench was hearing an SLP filed by aspirants Owais Ashraf Shah and others.