A spice-grinding factory and a bandsaw were gutted in a fire incident in Nowpora village here.
An official said the fire broke out at around 2 am in the intervening night of Wednesday and Thursday. “Locals, with the help of fire tenders, managed to douse the flames but could not save the units resulting in damage to the property worth lakhs of rupees,” the official said.
He said both the units belonged to Nazir Ahmad Dar of Nowpora. The official said the cause of the fire was a short circuit in a transformer.