Two members of a family were injured while their house suffered extensive damage in a gas cylinder blast at Manzhar area of north Kashmir’s Kupwara district on Friday night.
Reports said that a gas cylinder blast occurred inside a residential house of Shakir Hussain Khan at Manzhar village of Hayahama due to which the structure caught fire. In the incident, two persons namely Maimoona (36) and Nasir Ahmad Khan (25) received burn injuries and were immediately shifted to Sub-District Hospital Kupwara for treatment. Soon after the incident, the residents of the area informed the fire service department about the incident. When this report was filed, fire tenders reached the spot and were making efforts to douse off the flames. Confirming it, a police officer said that a police team and fire tenders have reached rushed to the spot. The officer also confirmed that the two persons suffered injuries in the incident.