3 injured in Kokernag gas cylinder explosion

Representation Pic

Three employees of a government-run school were injured in an accidental gas cylinder blast in Larnoo village of Kokernag in this South Kashmir district on Monday.

A police official said the cylinder, used for cooking midday meals, exploded when a cook switched on its burner. He said three employees sustained burn injuries in the incident.

“The police party reached the school soon and shifted the injured to nearby health facility for treatment,” the official said. The injured were identified as Mumtaza Banoo, Haseena Banoo and Sajad Ahmad Bhat – all residents of Larnoo.