Empanelled ReT aspirants stage demo, demand appointment orders

The aggrieved empanelled Rehbar-e-Taleem aspirants assembled at the Press Enclave and staged a protest against the government for failing to issue their appointment orders on Monday.

A statement of the empanelled ReT aspirants issued here said that they raised slogans against the people at the helm of affairs and in support of their demands.

The statement said that addressing the media, ReT aspirant Myasar, who was leading the protest, lambasted the successive regimes for halting appointment orders in favour of aspirants empanelled in 2015-16 as Rehbar-e-Taleem on one pretext or the other.

It quoted him as saying that they were not demanding stars from the sky but their legitimate right had been “snatched” by the government which was unacceptable and would be fought “tooth and nail” unless and until the demand gets resolved.

The statement quoted Asmat Hassan, another aspirant leading the protest as saying: “We approached the High Court, which issued directions in our favour but we are only getting hallow assurances from the administration, compelling us to hit the streets. Our families are on the verge of starvation as there is no other means to earn our livelihood. Ironically, most of the candidates have crossed the age limit to get any other job which has deepened the crisis for us.”

It said that while expressing anguish over the claims and transparency of the department which had already issued appointment orders in favour of “blue-eyed” and “politically influential” candidates, she said delaying their appointment order was completely unjustified and had caused deep anxiety and embarrassment to them.

The statement said that seeking intervention of Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha for immediate issuance of appointment orders, she said that if the stalemate continues for more time, they would not only hit the streets again but intensify their struggle and the responsibility of this would lie on the government.