Army refutes the charge
Family members of an active militant here on Wednesday accused the government forces of ransacking their house. The charge was refuted by the Army.
Family members of Syed Naveed, an active Hizbul Mujahidin militant alleged that army men late Wednesday night surfaced in Nazneenpora village and ransacked their residential house.
"They smashed the windowpanes of our house and damaged its doors and windows," a family member said.
A relative of Naveed said, “In the battle between the militants and the forces, the innocent family members should not be dragged into.”
He said due to the alleged frequent vandalism and intimidation by forces the family had now shifted to another house.
Defence spokesperson Rajesh Kalia outright denied the allegations saying they have no animosity with the families of the militants. "We are a disciplined force. Why should we get into all this?"
This is the second time over last one week when forces are blamed for vandalising the property of Naveed.
On August 29, forces had allegedly attempted to torch the house of Naveed during an overnight raid. The house, according to family, had been saved due to the timely intervention of neighbours.