Fire breaks out inside JK Bank branch in Kupwara, no major damage caused

Fire broke out in Jammu and Kashmir Bank’s Drugmulla branch on Sunday morning, causing a minor damage to the structure.

Reports said that some passers-by noticed the flames inside the branch and informed the local fire and service station. “With the help of locals, we were able to douse the flames in the early phase,” said an official of Fire and emergency service.

The cause of fire is believed to be a short circuit. “Short circuit is believed to have caused the fire but the timely intervention of the locals and the firemen has saved the records. The structure has suffered a minor damage,” said Police Chowki officer Drugmulla Zahoor Ahmad.

He said the wiring of CCTV cameras has been damaged due to the short circuit, “The chest and record room are safe,” said Ahmad.