Girl takes poisonous substance by mistake, dies

A girl died after taking some poisonous substance at her home in Kangan area of Ganderbal district Thursday.

Locals said that Hasina Akhtar (18) daughter of Muhammad Abdullah Bujad of Baghpati-Surfraw fell unconscious after taking the substance by mistake.

She was rushed to sub-district hospital Kangan where from she was referred to SKIMS Srinagar in critical condition.

However, she was declared brought dead on arrival at SKIMS, officials said.

Officials said that after medico-legal formalities the body was   handed over to her family for last rites.

A pal of gloom descended on the native village of the deceased after her body reached there.

SHO Gund, Tariq Yousuf, said a case under FIR No. 5/2019 U/S 309 RPC has been registered in this connection and investigations have been taken up.