Man electrocuted in Kupwara

Greater Kashmir

Srinagar, July 11: A 34-year-old man died due to electrocution in Bumhama area of north Kashmir’s Kupwara district on Tuesday evening.

A police officer told GNS that Reyaz Ahmad Lone (34) son of Abdul Jabar Lone of Achabal, Sopore received an electric shock when he came in contact with a live wire in Bumhama locality last evening.

Reyaz was immediately taken to Sub-District hospital Kupwara where doctors declared him dead on arrival, he said. After completing all legal and medical formalities, the body of the deceased was handed over to his relatives for last rites, he added.