Parents of child killed in accident demand de-recognition of school

Say school administration’s ‘carelessness’ cost life of their kid

ALTAF BABA
Baramulla, Publish Date: Oct 17 2018 1:48AM | Updated Date: Oct 17 2018 3:04AM
Parents of child killed in accident demand de-recognition of schoolRepresentational Pic

The family of a 6-year old kid, who was crushed to death by a school bus within the school premise at Nadihal in Baramulla district seven days ago, has demanded cancellation of registration of the school.

The family alleged that the authorities have taken no action against the school administration “whose carelessness cost the life of our kid”. 

The family said the case should not be closed merely by arresting the driver. “Rather the responsibility should be fixed on the school administration, whose careless approach cost our son’s life.”

Syed Athar, a nursery student, came under the wheels of the school bus bearing registration number JK05E-0118, on Oct 5, inside the premises of JBW Noble Mission School at Nadihal Rafiabad, Baramulla and later succumbed to his injuries at the hospital. 

J&K police filed a case under section 279/337 RPC in the incident. 

Suhail Ahmad, father of the deceased, alleged that the school administration had been most irresponsible in this case. “They informed us two hours after the accident. Despite the severity of the incident, they took my injured son to a nearby dispensary and thereafter he was shifted to Baramulla district hospital where he succumbed later on.” 

Narrating their ordeal, the family members said, “On the fateful day, my son along with his cousin was dropped by the school bus inside the school premises. However, another bus of the same school while reversing, hit my son. The bus was without conductor or any helper, besides there was not a single employee of the school present at the time of the incident,” said Muhammad Yousuf Wani, uncle of the deceased. 

While lashing out at the school authorities, the parents of the deceased said the school administration is equally responsible for the death of their child and “action should be taken against them.” 

“The school authority is legally bound to ensure safety of the students more particularly when the students are within the school premises. We are unable to overcome this tragedy. We demand de-recognition and cancellation of the registration of the school,” the father of the deceased said. 

Chief education officer Baramulla said, “It is the negligence on the part of the school authorities and we have filed our report to the deputy commissioner Baramulla for action.”

He said: “Our enquiry shows that the bus driver was without conductor or helper and there was no employee of the school present at the time of the incident. The two lady teachers who had arrived later at the scene had shifted the injured student to the nearby hospital.”

x
This site uses cookies to deliver our services and to show you relevant news and ads. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understand our Cookie Policy, Privacy Policy, and our Terms of Service.That's Fine