PDD lineman injured due to electrocution in Kangan

A lineman of the Power Development Department (PDD) was injured due to electrocution at Waniyaram village of Kangan in Ganderbal district on Wednesday.

The PDD lineman identified as Mehboob Sheikh received an electric shock when he came in contact with a live wire in the locality while repairing an electric transformer, resulting in burn injuries to him.

Sheikh was rushed to Trauma Hospital Kangan for treatment.

His family and locals alleged that he received injuries due to the negligence of the concerned officials.

“My father twice asked his immediate senior if the power supply to the area had been cut so that he could repair the transformer but as soon as he touched the wire, an electric shock resulted in burn injuries to him,” PDD lineman’s son Muhammad Rafiq said.

Locals demanded action against the negligent official.

A PDD official said that the department had taken cognisance of the incident.