A man died after receiving an electricity shock while repairing a High Tension power wire in Bhangai village area of Thanamandi in Rajouri district of Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday.
As per locals, Muhammad Makhna (35), a resident of Bhangai village, suffered an electric shock and died on the spot while he was repairing transmission lines on HT feeder pole.
They said that Makhna was registered with the Power Development Department as a daily wager. “The department has badly failed to provide basic safety equipment to the workers working on the field and this is the lone reason for such incidents,” said a local resident.
A police official said they have taken cognisance of the incident. “Further probe is underway,” he said.