Siblings among four die after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning sewage trench in Anantnag

Four persons, including siblings, died after inhaling poisonous gas while cleaning a trench in Bijbehara area of south Kashmir’s Anantnag district on Monday.

Quoting official sources, news agency GNS reported that the deceased include two brothers from Luktipora and two others from Tulkhun village where the mishap took place.

They have been identified as Nazir Ahmad Dar (45), his brother Abdul Rashid Dar (40) of Tulkhan, and Arshid Ahmad Wani (45) and Sajad Ahmad Wani (30) of Luktipora.

SDM Bijbehara confirmed to GNS that four persons died while cleaning the trench.

Show comments