Youth dies of electrocution in Bandipora, another injured

Representational Pic

A 22-year-old youth died of electrocution while another suffered grievous injuries in north Kashmir’s Bandipora district on Tuesday.

An official said the youth were installing iron shuttering of a shopping complex at main market in Bandipora when an iron rod came in contact with an overhead high-tension wire.

In the incident, both the youth – identified as Irfan Ahmad Malik of Kaloosa and Aqib Ahmad Ahangar – were injured.

Both were shifted to the district hospital where Malik succumbed while Ahangar was referred to SMHS hospital in Srinagar for specialised treatment. His condition remains critical, said the official.