Three suffer burn injuries due to gas leakage in Mendhar

Three persons suffered burn injuries due to gas leakage in Mendhar area of Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir on Thursday.

Reports said that the members of a family were preparing meals when the mishap took place due to LPG leakage.

The injured were identified as Rashid Ahmad, son of Hakam Din (35), Zahir Ahmed, son of Altaf Ahmed (13) and Tazeem  Akther (35), wife of Altaf Ahmed — all residents of Salwah.

Block Medical Officer, Mendhar, Dr Parvaiz Ahmed Khan said that Rashid Ahmad has got about 70 percent burn injuries while as Tazeem Akthter has got over 70 percent burn injuries. He said that Zahir Ahmed got more than  50 percent burn injuries.

All the injured were referred to GMC&H Jammu for specialized treatment, he added.