A three-storey residential house was partially damaged in a fire incident at Nigeen on Sunday.
As per the witnesses, fire broke out in the house late in the afternoon. The house belongs to Ajaz Ahmed Mir.
The witnesses said the fire started from the first floor of the house and soon spread to the top floor. As soon as the fire started, fire tenders from nearby Hazratbal fire station reached the spot to douse off the fire.
“Fire started from a store room of first floor and soon engulfed the roof, doors and windows of the house. All the belongings in first floor were gutted in the fire. Luckily, there was no loss of life in the incident,” said Ahmed.
He said timely action by the Fire and Emergency department at Hazratbal here saved the house from gutting completely.