A casual labourer of the Kashmir Power Distribution Corporation Ltd (formerly Power Development Department) was electrocuted to death in Zakura area of Srinagar on Wednesday, reports said.
Quoting a police officer, local news agency GNS reported that Tariq Ahmad Dar son of Ghulam Rasool suffered an electric shock while repairing a transmission line in Zakura area at around 7 am.
Dar, a resident of Malbagh was seriously injured due to electric shock, said the officer. He was immediately taken to the health facility (Sub-Centre) Naseembagh where doctors declared him dead on arrival, said the officer. He said an investigation is underway to find out if there was any negligence on part of the power department.