3 of family taken ill, 2 cattle die due to consumption of ‘toxic’ water

Three persons of a family fell seriously ill, while two buffaloes died after they consumed water stored into barrels used for supply toxic material, Police said on Sunday.

Three persons of a family fell seriously ill, while two buffaloes died after they consumed water stored into barrels used for supply toxic material, Police said on Sunday.

The incident took place in a village of Manjakote tehsil of Rajouri district. 

As per police reports, a family of Teyali Katarmal village of Manjakote used water stored in two barrels they have recently bought.

"Water was stored in two plastic barrels which were recently bought by them from a shop in Rajouri " police reports revealed. 

Due to consumption of this water, suspected to be toxic, two buffaloes died on the spot last night, while three members of the family fell took seriously ill.  They were immediately shifted to district hospital Rajouri by neighbours from where doctors referred them to GMC&H Jammu in serious condition.   

Two of the ill family members have been identified as Phoolan Begum wife of Abdul Latif aged 27 years and Parvez Ahmed son of Abdul Rashid.

Police reports further revealed that it is suspected that the plastic barrels, in which water was stored, are originally used for  some toxin and were not washed properly before putting them to use.

"However involvement of any conspiracy in this incident can't be ruled out" police reports revealed. 

Meanwhile post mortem of both the   buffaloes was conducted today afternoon in the village while all the three members of the family are under treatment in GMC&H Jammu.

Related Stories

No stories found.
Greater Kashmir
www.greaterkashmir.com