Fire broke out on Sunday afternoon in the mess apartment on the top floor of police station Khanyar.
Police said broke out due to gas leakage in one of the gas cylinders in the mess. "Whole mess area is made of concrete with no wood and other fire catching material around. This is the reason that there was no loss of any sort'" a police official told Greater Kashmir.
Fire tenders from Babademb and Rainawari fire service stations rushed to the spot.
SHO Khanyar said "there was no damage of any sort as fire was contained shortly. Timely action by firefighters prevented damages to the police station."