Residents of Old Gagribal here today decried abrupt increase in voltage last night saying it damaged their electronic goods.
A delegation from the area said due to short-circuit in receiving station there caused sudden increase in voltage. "The frequent increase in voltage damaged my several electronic gadgets including transformer and inverter. The HT wires pass through trees and during even slight winds short-circuit is caused. I have many times apprised the concerned PDD officials to rectify the problem but to no avail," said Javid Ahmad, a local.
The locals said supply of high voltage poses risk to their houses. "In case of any mishap, the PDD authorities will be responsible. We would seek compensation from the PDD for the damages due to high voltage. We appeal the Chief Engineer PDD to look into the matter," they said.