House damaged in Bilal Colony blaze

2 persons injured
House damaged in Bilal Colony blaze
GK Photo

Srinagar, Dec 31: Two persons were injured in a fire incident at Bilal Colony Soura on Saturday evening.

Reports said fire started in the house of Idrees Ahmad Mir son of late Muhammad Maqbool Mir after leakage in LPG cylinder and engulfed the structure. Locals rushed to the spot and started a rescue operation. “With great difficulty we managed to remove the LPG cylinder from the kitchen and also shift inmates out of the house,” said Ajaz Ahmad, a local.

In the incident, two persons namely Haleema and her daughter were injured. They were shifted to hospital.

Fire tenders reached the spot and controlled the fire. Locals hailed a timely fire-fighting operation by Fire service personnel of Nowshera Fire Station.Reports said fire started in the house of Idrees Ahmad Mir son of late Muhammad Maqbool Mir after leakage in LPG cylinder and engulfed the structure. Locals rushed to the spot and started a rescue operation. “With great difficulty we managed to remove the LPG cylinder from the kitchen and also shift inmates out of the house,” said Ajaz Ahmad, a local.

In the incident, two persons namely Haleema and her daughter were injured. They were shifted to hospital.

Fire tenders reached the spot and controlled the fire. Locals hailed a timely fire-fighting operation by Fire service personnel of Nowshera Fire Station.

Related Stories

No stories found.
logo
Greater Kashmir
www.greaterkashmir.com