Residents of Khayam Chowk area here have expressed concern over worn out power lines connected with locality transformer saying it poses risk to people in case of short-circuit.
A delegation from the area said the locality transformer is situated in the premises of Khyber Hospital. "The cables connected with the transformer are worn out and even its insulation has been burnt. There is risk of short-circuit as the worn out cables passes near the transformer of the hospital," they said.
A representative of Khyber Hospital, who was part of the delegation, said they had many times taken up the issue concerned officials, "but no action was taken."
"Short-circuit due to worn out cables poses risk to locals, pedestrians as well as patients and attendants. We appeal the deputy commissioner Srinagar and chief engineer PDD to direct the concerned officials to replace the cables at the earliest," they added.