Bharatiya Janata Party, an ally of ruling Peoples Democratic Party in Jammu and Kashmir, said on Wednesday that there is "no harm" if cases against more stone-throwers are withdrawn.
"Most of these boys have not indulged in stone-throwing and street protests by design. They have been instigated. It was an emotional outburst," BJP's state spokesman, Anil Gupta, said.
"Amnesty should be considered for those youth who did not indulge in stone-throwing by design," he said.
Gupta's statement came a day after groups of youth from Pulwama, Khrew and other places demanded withdrawal of cases against them.
The BJP leader said that the state government wants to "bring misguided youth into the mainstream."
"We want a peaceful and united nation. Misguided people should shun violence and come into the mainstream," he said.
However, he said, that those "instigating youth should not be let free."
In the last week of November, Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti had announced amnesty for first-time stone-pelters after the government of India's special representative on Jammu and Kashmir Dineshwar Sharma had reportedly recommended the move to "instill confidence among the stakeholders for a sustained dialogue in Kashmir."