Residential house gutted in Ramban

Representational Image
Representational Image File/GK

Ramban: A triple-story residential house was completely gutted in a fire incident in the remote Balihote village of Ramban, Monday morning.

No loss of life or injury to any person was reported in the fire incident as the occupants of houses ran out safely. Police  said prima facie it appears that the fire broke out due to an electric short circuit that destroyed a residential house in Balihote village of Ramban.

Locals said the fire erupted in the upper story of the building that belonged to three brothers Bahar Ahmed, Javid Ahmed, and Mushtaq Ahmed sons of Ghulam Qadir in Balihote Kuneri, Ramban. The fire went out of control and spread and engulfed the whole house Monday morning when heavy rain was lashing in the area.

They said no one was injured in this fire incident as the occupants of the house ran out safely. The locals tried to douse the flames but could not succeed to control the fire.

They said the house is made up of timber which helped the fire spread fast. SHO, Police Station Ramban Sandeep Singh said as per preliminary investigations an electric short circuit triggered the blaze. The revenue department officials also rushed to the spot to assess the losses.

Related Stories

No stories found.
Greater Kashmir
www.greaterkashmir.com