Baramulla, June 8: A need-based employee working in the Power Development Department Baramulla was critically injured after he received an electric shock while working on an electric pole in KhawjabaghBaramulla on Tuesday.
The injured employee has been identified as Imran Ahmad of BurranPattan.
The aggrieved relatives of the injured need-based employee staged a protest against the incident and alleged that he was not provided safety gear while performing his job.
The injured was shifted to GMC Baramulla Associate Hospital and due to non-availability of the critical ambulance, their was a delay in shifting the patient to Srinagar hospital, one of his protesting relative said.
Meanwhile, officials of the department termed the incident “unfortunate” and assured that the injured employee would be provided all the assistance he requires.