Investigating agencies are working on certain leads to crack last week's fidayeen attack in Lethpora that killed more than 40 CRPF personnel, director general of police Dilbagh Singh said on Wednesday.
"We have certain leads. It is too early to disclose anything more about the investigations. Suspects have been questioned and are being questioned," he said.
More than two dozen people have been questioned so far.
As many as 35 people have been detained during raids in connection with the blast, Greater Kashmir reported in its Wednesday edition.
After the attack—when Jaish-e-Muhammad militant Adil Dar rammed an explosives-laden car into a convoy of CRPF vehicles—the government announced that civilian vehicles will be stopped during the passage of forces' convoys, a practice common during the intense phases of the insurgency in the 90s and early 2000s.
Announcing this, union home minister Rajnath Singh had said "this may cause inconvenience and I apologise for this but this is necessary for the safety of soldiers".
The DGP said the army, CRPF and other forces were being consulted on how to minimise inconvenience to civilians.
"We are on it and things are being looked into," he said.
The DGP also said that they are trying to help Kashmiris living in other parts of country.
"We have established control rooms and we help once we get any call," he said.